Our File Manager offers an easy interface to manage your website files and folders. A web hosting account will have a basic folder structure where your email, stats and logs and/or other services.
NOTE: Do not delete any of these folders.
All your website files and folders should go to your public folder, named both public_html or www.
These folders are "mirrrored" meaning they both contain the same content. Whatever you upload into the www directory will appear in both the public_html or www folders. This is not duplication but done because some computer software applications assume public_html or www is the target folder so we've setup our folder structure with this in mind.
Create a new file or folder
1. Click on either the +File or +Folder button in the toolbar.
2. In the window, enter the new item's name. In the New file will be created in: text box, enter a new file path if you wish to edit where to save the item.
3. Click the Create New File or Create New Folder button.
To rename a folder or file, right click on the item's name and enter the new name in the text box. Click Return to save the new name. You can also click on an item and click from the toolbar.
Move items into folders
To put an item in a folder, drag its icon to the new folder. You can also click from the toolbar and enter a new path for the selected item.
To put several items in a folder, hold the Shift key while you select the items. Then, drag an items icon to the folder.
To make a copy of an item, select the item and click Copy. In the Copy window, enter the file path for which you wish to save the item.
Modify file or folder permissions
To modify a file or folder's permissions, perform the following steps:
- Click the file or folder for which you wish to change permissions
- From the toolbar, click Permissions. The Change Permissions window will appear.
- Use the checkboxes or text boxes to change the selected item's permissions. The default permission setting is
- Click Change Permissions to save your changes.
Delete and restore files and folders
To delete a file or folder, perform the following steps:
- Select the file or folder that you wish to delete.
- From the toolbar, click Delete. The Trash prompt will appear.
- Click Trash File(s) to confirm that you wish to delete the file or folder.
NOTE: When you delete files or folders, they are not permanently deleted. They are moved to Trash. Use the Empty Trash option to permanently delete files or folders.To restore a file or folder, perform the following steps:
- Click View Trash from the toolbar.
- Select the file you wish to restore.
- Click Restore in the toolbar.
- Confirm that you would like to restore the file(s).