After building your website with Adobe Dreamweaver®, you can publish it to your hosting account. Publishing your website with Dreamweaver requires you to complete two tasks:
- Define a Site - Tells Dreamweaver where to find the files for your website on your computer and how to connect to your hosting account.
- Put Your Files - Moves your site's files from your computer to your hosting account, making them accessible to visitors going to your domain name in a Web browser.
1. From the Site menu, select New Site.
2. Enter a Site Name, and then select your Local Site Folder.
3. Click Servers, and then click Add new Server.
4. Complete the following fields, and then click Save.
- Server Name — Type the name of site
- Connect Using — Select FTP
- Address — Type your domain name
- Username — Enter your hosting account user name
- Password — Enter your hosting account password
- Root Directory — Type www
- Web URL — Enter your website's URL
NOTE: Uncheck Passive FTP, under More Options.
5. From the Files window, select the files or folders to publish, and then click Put File (blue arrow).