1. Launch Windows Live Mail from the Start Menu.
2. In the navigation column, click Add e-mail account.
3. In the Email Address field, enter your full email address.
4. In the Password field, enter your password.
5. Select if you want to Remember Password.
6. In the Display Name field, enter how you want your name to display when email is sent from this account, and then click Next.
7. Select your server type and enter your Incoming POP or IMAP Server.
8. Incoming server name is : mail.domain.com (replace 'domain.com' with your actual domain name without the 'www' part)
9. Do not select 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. To use SSL, you must have a SSL certificate for your domain name.
10. Select to log on using Clear text authentication.
11. In the Login ID field, enter your full email address.
12. In the Outgoing server field, enter your mail.domain.com (replacing 'domain.com' with your domain name without the 'www')
13. Outgoing server Port: Without SSL - Port 26
14. Select My outgoing server requires authentication.
15. Click Next and then click Finish. Done!
See here for more information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish